Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My buddy Jung

I've taken the Jung Typology test twice now. I have been “diagnosed” with having the same personality type both times, but at differing %points. I am INTJ: slightly expressed introvert, slightly expressed intuitive personality, slightly expressed thinking personality, very expressed judging personality.

However, after taking it twice, I think that the test, in order to get a better overall view of an individual’s personality type, should be taken a few times when you are in different situations. With my friends I am very expressed intuitive and very expressed thinking rather than slightly expressed. I think the test’s assessment is true of me when I am at the office. This makes sense seeing how I have been at the office both times I have taken it. I should complete it sometime when I'm out with my friends to see if there really is a difference.

I am always the very expressed judging personality. I tend to see things as black and white even when it comes to the “gray areas”. I generally know what I think and how to respond and act when I am faced with a gray area without feeling as if I am facing some type of moral crossroad or crisis. It doesn’t really bother me when other people choose to act in a way opposite of how I would react or prefer when they are faced with the same situation. I think that gray areas are, to a large degree, personal preferences that people frequently try to define as being a right or wrong, sin or not sin. I don't see them as being a big deal.

This blog has been brought to you by the sometimes slightly introverted, sometimes slightly thinking, and always very judgmental.

No comments: