Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Record Slows

I’m fairly certain that Monday morning and again this morning I set record slows for jogging. On Monday I saw that there was a lady ahead of me walking in the same direction as I was around the lake. I decided to look away for a few minutes and then look at her again to see how much distance I had gained on her. So for a few minutes I enjoyed jogging by the ducks and ducklings and avoided the animal excrement’s on the path and sprinklers that water the adjacent lawns and anyone who happens to be on the trail that early in the morning. When I looked up to see where the lady was, she was further ahead than she had been a few minutes earlier. I had to laugh over that one. How pathetic can I get? A lady was walking faster than I was jogging. I gave myself a pep talk explaining that I was slower than usual that morning because it was Monday and I hadn’t jogged since Friday and was still weighed down by dinner the night before and that I would be faster on Wednesday - today. I wasn’t.

No comments: