Sunday, February 07, 2010

Super Weekend

This weekend has been great. My friend April from Des Moines decided to visit me for the weekend. I was so excited on Thursday evening when she called to see if it would be OK for her to come.

She arrived Friday evening. We ended up talking until about 1am Saturday morning. On Saturday we went to breakfast around noon, Half Price Books (way better store here in CR than in DSM), the grocery store for food for Sunday, watched a couple movies at my place, went out for sushi, came back to my place watched another movie, and then talked way into the night again. Sunday morning we got up and went to church, made lunch at my place, read our respective books, and then started eating our way through Super Bowl 44. We have made it to halftime and are about half way through the food. Yay Superbowl.

Once the game is over, she will have to head back to DSM. Boo. Maybe the game will go into overtime.

Below is a picture of our sushi. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of raw fish. But at least it was an interesting experience.


No comments: