Sunday, December 12, 2010

DMax gets the Boot, pt 1


I decided that since I'm no longer a Maxwell by name, my little blog should also receive a name change. I have officially been a Bootsma for 43 days now. I have the greatest husband ever and I love being his wife.

Our wedding day was amazing. I really wouldn't change anything.

October 30, my wedding day, started out with a treat from my best friend of having my hair and makeup done. Then I met my fiancee and almost all my family at my oldest sister's house for lunch. After lunch James and I went to our photographer's house to get dressed and to start the pictures. We were able to have some photos taken there at the photographer's house (which was also the house we stood outside of chatting for 5 hours the first time we really talked).

James and I had a great time running around Des Moines, IA having our picture taken over and over again thanks to having an AMAZING photographer (www.sentimentalsoul.com) and my AMAZING best friend who helped me with all the little things, like getting in and our of a vehicle in a rather large wedding dress without getting dirty or tearing anything.

After all the photos, including about an hour of family shots, were done it was time for me to hide in a room that was a little bigger than a closet and wait for the ceremony. Again my best friend, Chris, was AMAZING. She stuck with me for that last half hour and kept me distracted by telling me game scores (not that I EVER care about game scores) and by just chatting about anything and everything that didn't involve the wedding. It was especially fun when my 9 year old Jr. Bridesmaid who was my only attendant and is also my niece joined us in the "closet."

More later...

No comments: