Monday, October 08, 2007

Bittersweet

Life is a rollercoaster. This last weekend I was able to spend a few hours with a good friend of mine who, in less than a month, will be heading to South Africa as a missionary. It was bittersweet. I am so excited for her to be able to go and fulfill this part of God’s plan for her life. I have been able to watch her to through the process of gaining acceptance from the EBM missions board, raise support, and now I see her preparing to leave. A huge part of me wishes that I could go with her. I value her friendship and the benefits that I have reaped from knowing her. God has used her to sharpen me in so many ways. Her godward focus has challenged and encouraged me over these last few years that we have known each other.

Although at this point in life I can’t support her financially I can support her prayerfully.


Heather,
"The LORD bless you

and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you

and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you

and give you peace."
(Numbers 6:24-26)

I love you, sister!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thanks for the comment Dawn. So I wonder if He is calling you to something different than you have been doing???