Sunday, August 23, 2009

Iowa State Fair pt.2

Yesterday I made it back to the Iowa State Fair. As intended I was able to get some rib tips. They were worth an extra trip to the fair.

So here is the food run down for the day (and again, most of the food was shared 4 ways):
Rib Tips
Funnel Cake
Fried Snickers
Corn Dog
Chips
Turkey Leg
Pretzel
Taffy

I think that was everything, but I may have forgotten something.

Again I went with my sister, Deann, and we met up with our parents. Since we spent last Saturday there, we didn't do much beyond wander around aimlessly. We did watch the chainsaw carver at work.
At the end of the day, we went to a horse show. Two memorable things happened: 1) a draft horse reared up and ended up falling. FREAKY for those of us who aren't around horses often. And 2) a team of 6 came partially unhitched. Again FREAKY for those of us who aren't around horses often.

Over all it was a good day.

No comments: